The head of the Kherson Regional State Administration expressed their readiness to allocate 640 thousand hryvnias from the regional budget for the reconstruction of the house of officers. The overhaul of the building was launched last year, then the builders changed the windows, strengthened the foundation and restored the roof. However, 100% say that the money will be allocated, Nikolai Kostyak is not dared. After all, the final decision will be at the regional council. Previously carried out repairs were financed by the regional state administration. But these are not budgetary funds, they were helped out of sale at the auction of the Ukraina cinema.
Today the house of officers is official name “Regional Palace of Culture”. The building has a centuries -old history, the facility was erected back in 1903. Initially, it was called a national house, the purpose of its construction was the development of the cultural life of the population. Various events were held within the walls of the institution, which was observed by hundreds of Kherson residents. 8 years after the opening in the premises of the house of officers, an art exhibition was organized. In the course of its holding, the public got the opportunity to see the paintings painted by the 14th masters.
The assembly hall gathered a large number of spectators in 1913, when theaters Afanasy Saksagansky, Maria Zankovetskaya and Nikolai Sadovodsky arrived in Kherson. Despite all the grandeur of the presentation, an ordinary resident of the city could afford to buy a ticket. Naturally, during the First World War in Kherson it was not up to cultural development, the current house of officers played the role of a military hospital. After that, up to the Second World War was called the Enlightenment House. The institution received its modern name after signing the capitulation act. Almost 70 years have passed, the building was renamed the regional Palace of Culture, but the people still call it the house of officers.