The ambitious plans of Corporation Gloria Jeans Corporation include the priority opening of new factories, including in the city of Donetsk. About how relevant it is for the city and for the corporation, we talked with Maria Vladimirovna Ostrovskaya, director of Gloria Jeans Management Management.
– Maria Vladimirovna, Gloria Jeans is actively developing, increasing production capacities. And this is all the more surprising, at a time when the general economic situation in the world, to put it mildly, is not very favorable. Tell our readers more about this.
– Our products are now in demand – it is fashionable and at a very affordable price. Of course, due to changes in the economy, we should, like many, go to reduce expenses. Therefore, there were seasonal leave, the reception of employees was stopped for a while. But today’s situation allows you to say with confidence that difficult times for the factory have remained in the past, the period of active growth and development has begun. And confirmation of this – the opening of the factory in Donetsk.
– That is, if we understand correctly, the question of reducing the number of Gloria Jeans personnel is not relevant for you?
– Definitely not. Today, the company has more than 8 thousand people, and more than 5.5 thousand in production. And in the current 2009, we intend to increase the number of jobs by more than 500. Of these in Donetsk-about 130-150! We invest significant resources in the repair of industrial premises, so the question of the prospects of the factory disappears by itself. We do not spend money if we do not see prospects for the development of production.
– When you plan to open a factory?
– We plan that the Donetsk factory will release the first products in October.
– How to get to a stable and promising job? What experts are required, what do you provide in return to your employees?
– This is mainly seamstresses. Donetsk is famous for professionals in this field, you have developed good traditions of sewing skills. This was one of the main reasons for the opening of a new factory in Donetsk. We expect that new jobs will interest first of all. Both vacancies organized together with the city employment center showed that our proposal is interesting to the Donetsk residents.
As for your second question, this, of course, is the provision of a medical policy, paid sick leave and leave, guaranteed deductions to the Pension Fund and the Social Insurance Fund.
I especially emphasize that the wages are not delayed, the advance is paid.
We pay special attention to the families of our workers, especially since mostly these are women. Children during school holidays have the opportunity to improve their health and relax on the Black Sea and Azov coast, every new year they receive sweet gifts. Incomplete families we help with grocery sets.
– I think our readers will be extremely interesting to know what wages at the factory.
– Wages – according to the results of labor. It all depends on the quantity and quality of the operations performed and on the percentage of the implementation of the plan. For seamstresses from this year, we introduced minimum wages. Even if the employee does not fulfill the plan, he will receive 6,000 rubles. To do this, only 100 percent of attendance per month is needed. Well, subject to the execution of all indicators, wages can grow up to 7-8 thousand rubles.
Pupils without work experience, regardless of whether they will be able to fully cope with work in the first month, is paid 4,600 rubles.
– What is the schedule of work?
– We have an 8-hour working day with a half-hour break. The brigade form of remuneration implies responsibility for the implementation of the plan, and therefore for the amount of wages. Therefore, it may need to help lagging behind the development of planned indicators. It depends on both the master and the employees themselves.
– And what qualities a person should have in order to successfully work in the factory?
– Desire to work and earn, the ability to work in a team. The main thing, of course, is to believe in yourself, your strength, not to be afraid of possible difficulties.
– Where to go to those who are interested in the possibility of work?