– Are there now specific tournament tasks for the current season?
– With the main manager of the football club, Mr. Pustovarov, we have not yet talked on this topic, but personally I have clear intentions and plans for myself, which wards will soon learn about. Regarding the plans of the club, I am ready to fulfill them, but for now, my main task will be to create a team that, with a high -quality game, would bring decent results. I am not a supporter of chopping off my shoulder, so every football player, who is now playing in Akhtyrka, will receive a chance to gain a foothold in the composition and demonstrate its true level. In the future, we will make personal decisions for each of them.
– The past work in the rank of coach was the youth team of Kazakhstan. You regard Akhtyrka as a step back or forward in your coaching career?
– Undoubtedly, forward! Needless to say, if 5-6 groups of the Ukrainian First League could calmly gain a foothold in the Kazakhstani “tower”. I say this as a person who worked in Kazakhstan for more than one year, in particular, in the club of the elite division there.
– Interestingly, your career has not developed too fast. Everything could have been different after the 1998/1999 season, when you at the head of the Zaporizhzhya Torpedo could go to the Premier League, but the club declared itself bankrupt instead of a transitional match. Often recall that episode from your own biography?
– Sometimes, of course, I think that in fact everything could be completely different: being still a very young coach, I could be in the Higher League, and who knows how everything would have developed – perhaps more promising for me … However, I am used to watching forward, not look back, so now all my thoughts are connected exclusively with the “oilman”. If you manage to realize the plan, I will be truly happy!
Leave a Reply